5 Great Reasons to Volunteer for the 2012 National Book Festival
- Hang out with a bevy of incredible authors. More than 100 authors and poets will be in attendance at the 12th Annual National Book Festival, signing books and conducting readings. This year’s authors and poets include: Lois Lowry, R.L. Stine, Jewel, Thomas Friedman, Jeffrey Eugenides, Chris Matthews, and many, many more.
- Support literacy throughout Washington, DC – and across the United States. Not only does the NBF support the Junior League of Washington’s work promoting literacy throughout our nation’s capital, it also helps the Library of Congress – the de facto national library for this great country.
- Earn a Membership Credit. All Junior League Active members will earn membership credit for their morning, midday or afternoon shift volunteer hours. Volunteer either Saturday or Sunday, hang out with more than 600 other JLW volunteers, and provide critical support to the Library of Congress’s big event.
- Think pink. Did we mention that this year is the “year of the pink”? That’s right. All JLW volunteers will be rocking a hot pink “staff” shirt. Those awesome C-SPAN bags we all use for our groceries? Also pink.
- Do you really want to miss it? Last year, more than 200,000 visited the book festival. Just look at the fun we have!
Did we convince you yet? Click here to sign up today!
Sunday, September 23, 2012 – 12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
*rain or shine*
Where: National Mall, Washington, D.C., between 9th and 14th Streets
T-Shirts: Pick-up will be at the training sessions.
Questions: Email Tessa Wilkin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your favorite NBF story in the comments!