JLW The Art of Entertaining FAQs for Table Decorators
1. What is the Junior League of Washington and who does the event benefit?
The Junior League of Washington (JLW) is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. A network of more than 2,300 highly trained volunteers, JLW members are daughters, mothers, sisters, spouses, friends, lawyers, teachers, real estate agents, consultants, government workers, students, stay-at-home moms, and more who are united by a shared passion for helping the greater Washington, D.C. community thrive.
2. What is the cost of decorating a table? What is in it for me?
- The cost of decorating a table is $275.
- This includes:
- 2 tickets to The Art of Entertaining
- A blurb in the event digital program, including a picture of you/your company logo and the ability to add a link to your company website
- A sign on your table with your name or business name, including the option to add a QR code to your company website
- The chance to win the best table award
- Photos of the table included in a blog post about the event on the JLW website
- Decorating a table is an opportunity to directly market to the Junior League of Washington’s vast network and hundreds of attendees
3. How do I apply to be a table decorator?
Please apply to be a table decorator using the application here.
4. What are the next steps?
We will review table decorator applications on a rolling basis. You will receive a decision within two weeks of application. Upon acceptance, we will provide you with a contract and link to pay the $275 decorator donation. Once we receive both, we will provide you with detailed logistics to help you plan for the event.
5. Can you send me photos or a description of what has been done before?
The Art of Entertaining is the inaugural tablescapes event for the Junior League of Washington. However, other organizations across the country have hosted similar events.
Tablescapes allow for personalization and creativity, enabling table decorators to showcase their style, products, and imagination through unique arrangements that can include elements such as fresh greenery, unique centerpieces, themed decor, and customized place settings.
6. Will my table include linens?
No. Each decorator needs to provide their own linens and anything else they want displayed on the table. The expectation is to fully set the table with a place setting, silverware, napkins, a centerpiece, etc.
7. What size are the tables?
Six foot tables will be provided.
8. Is anyone eating at the tables?
No. These tables are for viewing only.
9. Will there be chairs at the tables?
No. There will be no chairs provided. However, you are welcome to rent/ bring chairs at your own expense. You can work directly with us to go through our rentals provider for the event. Please reach out for more details.
10. Is there a set color scheme or theme for the table?
No, you may choose any theme you like. We look forward to seeing your creativity and innovation shine!
11. How many tables will there be?
The Art of Entertaining will feature 20 tables.
12. How much time will I have to set up my table?
Upon signing our table contract, we will provide detailed logistics for move in, including your load in time for NMWA, parking instructions, etc. You will have at least an hour to fully set up your table at the museum before the event.
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.