Our Focus Area
The Junior League of Washington (JLW) focuses our financial and volunteer resources on supporting pathways to opportunity across the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area. We have adopted a broad approach in response to evolving challenges facing our community, in order to produce real change. Supporting Pathways to Opportunity includes supporting educational, professional, and financial programming and resources for children, adolescents, young adults, adults, as well as capacity building for community organizations. Here are a few examples of how JLW and its members are helping to transform the DC community:
- We partner our trained volunteers with programs that are supporting pathways to opportunity for their clients and communities in innovative and effective ways.
- Our annual Meg Graham Scholarship recognizes a DC high school senior for their exemplary volunteer service.
- Our Community Roundtable convenes nonprofit, civic, and commercial stakeholders to discuss timely needs, including training and capacity building.
- Through our Resolution Read initiative, we get books into the hands of young children who may not have access to books at home, in their schools, or at libraries.
- We provide grants to local organizations that are helping address critical and prescient needs in the Washington, DC area. Click here to support JLW’s efforts to advance pathways to opportunity across the Washington, DC area.
Click here to support JLW’s efforts to advance pathways to opportunity across the Washington, DC area.