The Junior League of Washington’s (JLW) Women’s Leadership Breakfast is an amazing opportunity to learn from women who are making a positive impact in their communities.
A part of JLW’s mission is to provide comprehensive and innovative training opportunities that equip our members to serve as civic leaders and advocates tackling critical issues. Through these member development initiatives, we are able to amplify our effect in the Washington, DC community and beyond.
Women’s Leadership Breakfast (WLB) embodies this spirit and is an opportunity to celebrate women as business leaders, entrepreneurs, and community advocates, and inspire and support the next generation of women in and outside of the League.
Fifth Annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast: Learn, Lead, Legacy
Friday, March 4, 2022, 8-10 a.m.
Hamilton Live (or via live stream)
- Keynote: Deborah Rutter, President of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC. Rutter is the first woman to head the organization, overseeing the center’s operations and the affiliated National Symphony Orchestra and Washington National Opera.
- Kate Andersen Brower, author of multiple books including the #1 New York Times bestseller The Residence, as well as First Women, Team Of Five, First In Line, and the children’s book Exploring the White House. She is also a CNN contributor.
- Colonel Kayle M. Stevens, Air Force Commander of the 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing.
- Cordelia Cranshaw, Miss District of Columbia USA 2019, founder of Acts of Random Kindness (ARK), foster system advocate, and Licensed Graduate Social Worker. Cranshaw is also the recipient of the JLW Luminary Award in honor of the bright future she is building for ARK.
- Moderated By: Kristen Soltis Anderson, pollster, speaker, commentator, author of The Selfie Vote: Where Millennials Are Leading America (And How Republicans Can Keep Up), host of SiriusXM’s “The Trendline with Kristen Soltis Anderson”, contributor to Fox News Channel and ABC News, regular columnist for The Washington Examiner, and JLW sustainer.
- Inaugural Mary Harriman Award Recipient: Ann B. Friedman, Founder and CEO of Planet Word, presented in honor of her pursuit of service through teaching and board leadership, longtime commitment to literacy and the DC community. Ann B. Friedman invokes the spirit of Mary Harriman, founder of the Junior League, who gathered a group of energized, talented, and dedicated women to address their city’s social issues. Her legacy has shaped communities around the world, including Washington, DC, where JLW was founded over 100 years ago.
- And more notable guests!
Thank You to Our Generous 2022 Women’s Leadership Breakfast Sponsors:
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, click here.
For any questions related to the Women’s Leadership Breakfast or if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.