JUNIOR LEAGUE OF WASHINGTON ANNOUNCES 2021-2022 GRANT APPLICATION PERIOD FOR JLW VOLUNTEERS
Applications Due October 15
WASHINGTON, DC, (September 15, 2021) – The Junior League of Washington (JLW) today announced the opening of its 2021-2022 Volunteer Resources Grant application for organizations in the Washington, DC, area. Interested organizations are invited to submit applications no later than October 15, 2021.
JLW identifies new volunteer placement opportunities from a pool of community organizations requesting volunteers. The League reviews Volunteer Resources applications, conducts site visits, holds interviews, and recommends new community volunteer placements that are consistent with the mission and focus of JLW.
“For 22 years, we have focused our community partnerships on supporting literacy initiatives in the DC metro area. This year, we are excited to announce that we have expanded our focus area to support more initiatives in our region. We look forward to building new relationships with additional organizations operating in this newly expanded focus area space,” said Amanda Walke, president of the Junior League of Washington.
Applicant organizations must present a volunteer program in alignment with the new JLW focus area which goes into effect in the 2022-2023 League year, supporting pathways to opportunity through improved access to education, professional and financial development, and capacity building in our community. Preference will be given to applicants that:
- Clearly demonstrate a need for JLW volunteers.
- Work with JLW on programming that is unique to JLW volunteers (i.e., all JLW members work with a particular age range and/or on JLW-specific projects).
- Work with JLW on programming that meaningfully engages the skills of JLW trained volunteers.
- Have a sound volunteer retention plan that values volunteers.
- Provide comprehensive training to enable JLW volunteers to successfully accomplish all tasks required of them in their volunteer capacity.
- Provide a mechanism to ensure the safety, health, and wellness of JLW volunteers.
- Provide mechanisms for measuring/evaluating relationships with JLW.
The Application form and additional information are available at https://www.jlw.org/grants/.