Support our community by purchasing a JLW Community Cash Card!
Your donation provides an opportunity for a JLW community partner, neighbor in need, or a community organization of your choice to purchase $50 worth of items at our 2020 sale. A member of JLW’s Tossed & Found Committee will distribute these cards to community partners and neighbors in need beforehand or at the sale. The cards are redeemable for merchandise only, have no cash value, and are only valid on the weekend of the 2020 Tossed & Found sale, March 20-22.
Here is a sampling of how JLW community partners have used Community Cash Cards at past Tossed & Found sales to fulfill the needs of the clients they serve:
- Horton’s Kids: pots and pans, vases for crafts, baby items, and clothing
- Community Family Life Services: dishes, vacuums, and furniture for clients in transitional housing
- Calvary Women’s Shelter: air mattresses, office supplies, umbrellas, suitcases, and women’s clothing
- N Street Village: kitchen goods, non-violent DVDs, and irons and ironing board covers
Please note that your purchase is only tax deductible when given to a charitable organization.
- If, at time of purchase, you request us to mail a card to an individual person (i.e. “a neighbor in need”), there is no charitable donation; your card donation is not a tax-deductible gift but rather a ‘gift certificate’ purchase to an individual. JLW will gladly mail your card as requested.
- If, at time of purchase, you designate JLW, a JLW community partner organization, or another nonprofit or church as the recipient, a card is given in your honor to a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and as such is a tax-deductible contribution by you.
Community Cash Card sales for 2020 are closed at this time.