Thank you for your interest in donating to Tossed & Found. Details and information about where to donate clothes and goods are below.
We are grateful for the ongoing support of all League members and our friends in the community who make Tossed & Found possible through their donations of gently used quality goods. The quality of goods available at Tossed & Found is what makes the sale so meaningful for shoppers. When considering your donation, please use your best judgement. Items that are torn, dirty, or broken should not be included.
Please note that we will only accept donations at the following dates and times.
Sunday, February 11: 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 17: 9:30 a.m. – 12;30 p.m.
Sunday, February 18: 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 21: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 24: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 25: 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 28: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 3: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Donations will only be accepted at the sale site, 1800 S. Bell Street, Arlington, VA. Click here for the Tossed & Found Donation Form. Click here for the Tossed & Found Price List. Please watch this brief video to familiarize yourself with directions to our drive-through drop-off.
Examples of acceptable donations:
- Gently used furniture and antiques
- Clothing and outerwear for men, women, and children (we accept all sizes)
- Home decor and books
- Accessories (jewelry, handbags, scarves, ties)
- Kitchenware (plates, utensils, glasses, pots and pans, microwaves, blenders, coffee makers)
- Electronics (flat screen TVs, DVD players, cameras, cell phones, stereo systems)
- Linens, towels, throw pillows, and area rugs
- Baby and nursery items
- Children’s toys, books, and clothing (0-10 years)
- Sporting equipment
We cannot accept the following used items:
- Undergarments of any kind
- Corporate logo items and sorority/fraternity items
- Shoes (unless new with tags)
- Workout clothing (unless new with tags)
- Torn or soiled clothing
- Computer monitors or tube TVs
- Outdated textbooks and travel books
- Broken electronics
- Large appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, and washers/dryers
- Children’s items that do not meet current FDA or safety standards
If you have large furniture donations, you may request pick up through Tossed & Found’s Mighty Man service; please complete the Mighty Man Pickup Request Form and email email@example.com by Sunday, February 18, to schedule.
Please remember that all JLW Actives and New Members are required to donate at least $50 worth of gently used items; New Members are also required to work one volunteer shift of your choice. More information on volunteering for Tossed & Found can be found on the jlw.org member homepage.